Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Good start, bad end

I managed to get the hair washed this morning.  I went along with D to Lowe's and Pet Smart.  We went in his truck which is easier than getting in and out of my car.  I was doing ok so we decided since Wal Mart was right across the street we'd pick up a few things we needed around the house.  I was impressed at how well I did.  I was careful getting in and out not to twist.  It was a little tender leaning back in the seat, but not that bad.  When we got home I was still doing fine so I continued on piddling around doing minor things I can do.  


My son and his daughter stopped by on their way to my daughters house.  I was in the back of the house and she rang the door bell to let us know they were there.  When I came around the corner it was so cute seeing her standing outside the door with this cap on peeping in.  She looked so grown up.  After they left it was early afternoon and I suddenly realized my rump was throbbing.
I don't know why it came on so suddenly, but it did.  I got on the ice pack which was really uncomfortable but I thought that was the best thing to try.  It didn't really help much.  Its 10:30, 7 hours later and it hasn't eased up.  I know I didn't do anything wrong so I'm going to believe it was just from the walking I got in this morning.  Moving things around I guess?  Trying not to worry and see what tomorrow brings.  I just hope I feel better than this to see my babies tomorrow. I've really been looking forward to that.  I feel like trying to sleep tonight will be like it was on day 2 or 3. 


Another thing I'm looking forward to is taking a peek under the strips, which D will do.  If the areas that kept the bandages on look better, I can shower!  Yes!
If not I think I can any way we just have to dry well and put some ointment with a bandaid.  I'd rather hear they look good though.


This book I'm reading is so good.  If you are having problems with your back please get it from the library, on your nook or paper back.  Which ever you prefer. So many things I'm reading I just want to share with everyone I know. 
This is interesting:


"We are what we eat and that can cause back pain" is a statement that always causes patients to raise their eyebrows and look at me quizzically.  Have you ever had a hangover?  At some point most people have.  And how did you feel?  "Nauseous" and "achy all over" are usually among the symptoms.  If what you eat or drink has nothing to do with your musculoskeletal system, why do you feel so sick and achy after drinking to much?  Usually you take some kind of medication such as an anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant.  Now can you see the chemical /dietary connection?


Because our bodies are very advanced machines, it makes sense that the quality of the "fuel" we put in it makes a difference.  Just as your car functions poorly with dirty oil or conks out without enough gas, your body relies on the excellence of what you put into it. 


I could keep going, it gets better and better.  I'm about half way.  I have my nose in a couple of things right now.  I'm gonna stop the jibber jabber and close.  Just dreading trying to get comfortable and actually sleep.  I really want to feel good for tomorrow.  Speaking of "bad fuel"  we thought the babies would like some donuts.  Something we NEVER have!  It's ok to splurge every now and then and have a treat.  We thought they'd like Nonna and Poppa showing up with "sweet treats" for breakfast.


Sneak peak of work in back yard.  D would be mad if he knew I was sharing.  He wants to have it "all" done before sharing.  It will always be a work in progress so I'd wait forever.  He added a small pond outside our bedroom window.  I'll probably put some of my plants around their also.  I'm just not up to being outside much right now to put my 2 cents in.


And lets not forget what tomorrow is all about.  Everyone will be celebrating with grilling and fun times with family and friends but we have to remember all the men and women who risk their lives to protect our freedom.  Enjoy the day.


The Gardenia 
 Before

 After

No comments: