Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Drama...Drama

Not much news today.  Matter of fact it was pretty boring.  My excitement consisted of taking a walk down the street with Poppa to walk Dallas for the first time.  Mine, not Dallas.  My hair looks so bad I put on a hat :-(
It's a bit warm for me to be outside with my incisions not completely healed because sweating would be bad.  Hence, no showers!  We kept it short.

The other excitement was receiving a package.  When D came home from work he went out to check mail and saw box at front door.  It's amazing that you can be home and UPS or Fed X can leave a package at your door and your not even aware.  Believe me, if they would have even knocked I would have know because Dallas would bark.  He barks if the wind blows!  99.9% of the time when a package comes I'm completely aware of what's inside.  Even if it's for D he tells me he is expecting one so I know.  I wasn't aware of anything on order for D or myself.  He said, "it's for you".  "Someone sent you flowers".  We'll my sweet husband is known for sending me flowers.  I just knew it was him.  I've even tried to talk him out of it before. (he likes to send me roses)  I know, you can't believe I'm complaining about that.  I'm just so frugal about some things.  I say get the cheap ones they last longer.  Anyway, he helps me open box and I see right away from the top its a plant! I love plants.  It was a Gardenia.  
My dad and mom has gardenias on property line on east side of their home.  They are blooming right now.  My mom just mentioned when she was here last week that she cut just a few and brought inside and the entire house smelt good. The smell when it blooms will remind me of home.  It has buds on it, they will bloom soon.  I will do some reading on the shrub tomorrow.

The new bandage on my incisions is driving me crazy.  I have had Benadryl three times today.  I seriously could claw myself.  I believe he forgot about my tape allergy and put the kind that breaks me out on.  D says no, he was watching but something is definitely different.  

I slept a little better since the area the battery is in is not so "big" any longer.  It's still pretty tender though.  I woke up feeling so stiff I could hardly move.  I really had to push myself to get moving.  After I was up and dressed, had breakfast, it got better.  I did ice a couple of times today which seemed to help.  I also used my stimulator 3 different times throughout the day.  I figure the more I practice turning it on and off I'll be ready for when it is really needed.  Pretty cool using the magnet to turn on and off.  I didn't use the remote at all today.

My husband was home for the morning, he went to work at noon.  He spent the morning working in back yard.  Since he's been my caretaker this week he figured it was a good time to start on a project in back yard.  We put a fountain out back at Easter time but he has been wanting to put a small pond in with a rock garden around it.  That's what he's been working on.  By the end of his long week end I'm sure he'll have a big part of it done.  This morning he got the hole dug.  A few days ago he killed the grass in the area the rocks will go.  I'm telling you all this because I'm watching from the window wishing I could be back there helping or working on my plants.  I have some that need to be thinned out and some winter flowers that need to GO.  It's just killing me to look at these things and not be able to do any of it.  On Saturday he will set me up a place to work on my plants where I don't have to bend over.  Where we used to live we had a picnic table in the back yard and he used to put projects for me to work on all the time there.  We're missing that here.  Also missing my swing.  I'm going to take some pictures of the work in progress tomorrow to show.  He also put up a shade sail off of the patio to give some additional shade.  I'll need to find the perfect place for my Gardenia.  I really want to do that myself, but thats doubtful.  

Oh yeah!  I never mentioned who sent the plant.  It was from the couple I nanny for and of course baby C.  They are the kindest people I've known in some time.  When we plant a new fruit tree we will name it in honor of my dad.  (we left 2 behind at previous home that we watched grow from baby plant to blooming tree)  Maybe we will name the Gardenia after baby C.  Thank you.  It's a very special gift and I love it.

I've had a few friends ask about coming by.  Next week will be perfect.  I'm bored silly now so when I'm even better I know it will kill me not to be able to get out.  Next week I'll feel better about having company too because I can wash and style my hair. It just makes a big difference.  Before starting this writing tonight I had my "fake"bath I call it.  I have a chair in tub and D mounted a shower head from faucet so I could control where water goes.  It has really came in handy since surgery but it's just not the same of the water going everywhere and not washing your hair at same time.  I know boo hoo, it could be worse.  Its the least of my discomfort so I shouldn't even mention it.  Just explaining why I'm not really up for company right now.

Good night everyone. xxx ooo to my sweet granddaughter A.  Nonna is missing you and looking at your pictures to make me smile.  And of course I'm miss P.  Funny boy.  He definitely makes Nonna laugh.  I have a couple of videos of him giggling that make me smile I like to look at over again.  

No comments: