Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Which one hurts most?

Today started out a little better. I was able to move a little faster and get out of bed by myself. Mom and I were up at 6am. Dallas realized he was alone in the room he was sleeping in so he felt the need to get us up. Had a little bite to eat and we all went back down after Dallas was satisfied.

Decided I wasn't getting in bed today. Keep moving I was thinking and I won't get so stiff like I do over night. You know your mama is always right, she kept telling me I was doing to much but I was so proud of myself pressing on through the pain. UNTIL it caught up with me. Most of the afternoon I stayed up front not doing much of anything. I thought of reading, checking email, TV but I was just to uncomfortable for anything. My mom left around 3 I wanted her to get out of town before the traffic was to bad.

When my husband got home he helped me with my "sponge bath". That was no piece of cake. This will be the longest 7 days. I'm so longing a shower. The worst part of the day has nothing to do with the surgery but the out break of my chronic hives. I had three small ones the day of surgery and none yesterday but they made up for it today. All around both of my arms near edge of gown and in several in hip area. This is not uncommon I deal with them 3-5 days a week but this is so much worse with the other pain added in. I've taken everything I can for them and put every kind of cream but these are really being stubborn. I think their pain induced. My therapist begs to differ. He says it's anxiety. I'm not anxious right now but I am however in PAIN! My allergist said hives are not caused by anxiety but can definitely aggravate them. I have my own answer bc I experience it.

So day 3 tomorrow. I'm hoping to feel like getting dressed and maybe go in back yard to feel some sunshine. It's only been two days but I feel so cooped up. It's going to be a long 6 weeks. Hope my hive picture doesn't scare you! My right lip and cheek are swollen too. We'll see what tomorrow brings. GNA

No comments: