Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Night Before

Had a wonderful day caring for baby C.  She is super sweet and was happy to see me.  I haven't seen her in two weeks.  The day went by fast just like I hoped.  It's amazing at that age  the changes they make in such a short time.  Wish you could see how cute she is :-)


I came home to a surprise message on the answering machine.  The surgical center said to be there at 6:50 and procedure time was 7:20 along with some other instructions.  Bathing with antibacterial soap, nothing after midnight.....this ain't my first rodeo.  LOL  The surprise was that I have in my phone 7:20 and surgery time 7:50.  It was also confirmed on a voice mail on my phone from the doctor office yesterday.  I'm going at 7:20 I couldn't bear to sit there an extra 30 minutes hungry, hurting and they have the most uncomfortable chairs. 


I'm honestly getting a little scared.  I've had 4 surgeries, 4 injections in my back, a discography, and my nerves burned at the facet joints and wasn't scared at all.  But this is it.  I truly believed in the all 4 surgeries that they were needed and best for my health.  This time I'm not so sure.  I'm determined to hang in there with them until we get it right, I'm just scared until it actually happens.  It's hard to keep believing when you've been through all I have.  I'm just praying there are no complications.  All but one of the surgeries I had something go wrong.  This one has to be complication free.


I wish they could just keep me sleeping a week or two until the two incisions are better.  How in the world am I going to sleep?  We all know rest is part of healing.  My first back surgery they went through my tummy.  So my side and back was just fine for sleeping.  During the trial you had to be really careful turning over at night so that you didn't pull the leads out.  If so, your out of luck.  You just get the time you did.  So with the real deals in I'm wondering how do you move around in bed?  I'm scared to death to be on my side for fear of moving the leads out of place and I can't imagine lying on my back with 2 incisions and a battery sewn in my buttock.  It will all work out I have to believe it will.


I'm watching America's Got Talent.  I love this show.  Some of the talent is just real honest humble people.  A man just sang that gave me goose bumps.  He had a three week ol baby.  I was guessing, was he singing to girlfriend or baby?  A few things still on the list.  I better close.  Wish me luck on some sleep tonight.  Those who know me know sleep is not usual for me on a normal night.  It's gotten so much worse with the back pain and I'm so nervous tonight.  


On a good note, a shout out to my Godson who is graduating high school.  He is a fine young man.  He should be, he had the best examples for parents ever.  Old friends never die.  Congratulations Daniel.  I'm so proud of you and hope all your dreams come true.  I'm truly so sorry I won't be there.  I had every intention.  It's been in my calendar for a year.  I'll be thinking of you.


Good night everyone


PRICELESS

No comments: